2.07.2009

Canon 50D

My dad says to me, "I have a proposition for you. If you trade me your Canon Rebel body and the rest of your savings bonds, I will trade you a brand new Canon 50D body."

Apparently, when he went to Ken's camera with my broken camera body last night, the fix was a no-go. I guess it would have taken about ten days to get an estimate on the fix of the camera, and he said he was sick of me moping around the house and not taking pictures. I've really gotten into the habit of photographing things almost every day, whether it be for work or pleasure.

The trade-off is a total rip for him, but an excellent win for me. I can hardly believe he's actually supporting my photography "career" so much that he is actually buying me a brand spankin' new camera for no special occasion at all, other than as a feel-better present for my other one breaking.

It's 15.1 megapixels, which is always nice, but doesn't exactly mean much.. It also has a good sensor and 9 focus points, whereas my other only has 7. I'm kind of skeptical because I really wanted the 5D, but apparently the guys at Ken's camera said most photographers buy two 50ds for primary and backup camera rather than purchasing a 5D. The quality of a 5D is superb, but most likely not that noticeable to the human eye in the long-run. I'm worried, but whatever this camera turns out to be, it's going to be about four steps up from my current one.

No comments: