2.05.2009

R.I.P... But the Puget Sound looks quite nice

Melanie and I went to the beach in hopes of fooling around in the sand all ratty like and doing a grungey, urban shoot like the guy from Last Night's Party, except he had about six hot chicks in bikinis doing cartwheels. We just had a leather jacket and a Hooray Lynnwood Sucks tee by Steven&Taylor.

The most depressing thing in the world happened near the end of our shoot.. My shutter just wouldn't re-open. I took off the lens and saw my mirror was just hanging out at the bottom of my camera. Straight up, it came unglued. The mirror. I placed it back into the little thing it sits in, but only after dropping it on the ground and scratching the crap out of it even more. The camera works alright and we were able to finish the shoot, but I'm sure the open and closing of the shudder with a completely loose mirror is NOT good at all for my camera... I risk the mirror snapping something. I'm going to need to replace the camera. I haven't got the money for it at all. I don't know what the hell I am going to do...

Beforehand, I shot some long exposure photographs at about 8 or 10 seconds. With the dusk nearly turned into night, I had just enough light to give the sky a nice blue effect. It really reminded me a lot of the photographs I took at dusk in Gdansk of the river. I need to get off my bum and do some more long exposure.


No comments: